Sunday 12 August 2007

Another crappy day in a crappy week.

Well, I tempted fate didn't I? Laying down the challenge that that week couldn't get any worse, boy was I wrong..

Yesterday morning, I rose to the sound of rain (again), but slightly optimistic and thinking of the list of chores I was going to do today as Mr C was working.. wondering if one of the 2 packages that I had to pick up from the Postage contained my AWOL phone and reminding myself to drop off the pet insurance documents at the vets for Sick Boy's overnight stay.. and wondering what I would wear to the Edinburgh Tattoo tonight as it would be cold & wet.

What the day actually materialised into was me managing to write of my car due to skidding in the wet, sending it spinning into a 3 pillared bollard, then spending 4 hours in accident & emergency and scaring my nearest & dearest half to death with my driving antics.

Thankfully I am ok, a bit bruised about the ribs and I have a great black eye to show at work on Monday, unfortunately I don't think my wee car will pull through.

And to add insult to injury it wasn't my flipping phone in the package...

No comments: