Tuesday 27 May 2008

The weekend rundown.

Aren't long weekends just the business? No horrible sunday night 'back to school' dread and of course that priceless feeling of looking at the clock at 7.30am on the Monday & being able to bury back under the covers for as long as you want ( well until your neighbour's builders wake you, in my case). Then of course there is the short 4 day week, that zips by before you know it.

My weekend was a mixture of cinema ( indiana jones, fact fans), pizza, gardening, picking paint colours for decorating and some retail therapy. A good effort I think you will agree.

I had good intentions of arriving bright & bubbly for work today, however an ordeal before even leaving for work this morning - involving the bloody cats & a baby bird. Running around your garden at 8.30 am while 6 months pregnant trying to round up 3 cats / capture a baby bird is not good for the mood. Didn't help that husband dearest didn't help and was on the phone about another work crisis and unwittingly let the cats back out after I had got them in.

So I left for work upset as I couldn't get the cats in or get the wee bird to a place of safety. I am now sitting in a foul mood with my headphones on ignoring everyone.

The good news is that my best friend also joins my company in 2 weeks and I cannot wait to be able to see her every day like we used to do, when we worked together before. Work is a slightly better place when you know you have a real friend not far away.

No comments: