Friday 31 August 2007

Kiefer.

Inspired by Miss F's chat about young Kiefer versus Jack Bauer Kiefer.. I thought I would dedicated my Happy Friday post to the man..
I have had along standing love affair ( I wish) with Mr Sutherland that has spanned about 15 years.. . starting from seeing Lost Boys when at high school, his paleness, fangs and mullet couldn't hide his beauty from me. While others where getting exicted about Five Star and New Kids on the Block.. I had more tasteful idols..

He then went on to make Flatliners, and his slightly arrogant character and romance with Julia Roberts annoyed me but it didn't last long ..


But the making of Young Guns where his gentle Doc character sealed my devotion forever more..


Then the work dried up, Holywood rat pack was no more & he disappeared.. went off to play at being a cowboy for a while..





He re-appeared as the creepy nutter in phone booth and then reinvented himself as Jack Bauer that we all know & love...



So today, while preening myself for a night of drinking & debauchery, I will be watching back to back Kiefer movies and deciding whether I perfer him young or old(er)... or if I am kidding myself that I would even be able to remember to continue breathing if ever faced within him.

5 comments:

Miss Forthright said...

*squeal* This post has made my day! Oh my god he looks so sexy in every one of those photos. I am having a Kiefer-athon tonight. Back to back series 2 and Flatliners. Yeah baby!

Catslife said...

I am worrying myself about how much thinking time I spend on The Kief.

I ma sure we aren't helping each other's addiction either as we feed each other with the hype..

It is like being back at school again.. (but it is good!!)

Miss Forthright said...

I know! We seem to feed off our collective obsession. The question is, have you got him as a wallpaper on your phone. If not, why not? He'd be hurt, you know...

Catslife said...

I have him at work on my screen saver.. but the phone will be sorted soon..

*runs off to change it*

Miss Forthright said...

I can't have a screensaver at work. However I have *counts* 8 pictures of him stuck around my desk and adjoining wall. God I am such a loser.