Thursday 16 August 2007

A Rant Brewing


I used to love Marilyn Manson. Some people find him weird / scary/ creepy / ugly.. but I got what he was about from his early days. The weirdness, the make up is nothing new, he takes inspiration from the Rock greats such as Bowie, Ozzy and Alice Cooper, packages it up & sells it to the teens of today. The clever thing is that the more people complain the more albums he sells. He understands the American Culture and leverages it in the best way.

I loved the whole Dita & him romance. they were perfect together - a munsters type fairytale. Their wedding was beautiful, and even though she stole Manson off the market, I warmed to Dita too as she helped him move in a new direction.

When they split in January I was sad & Manson has arguabley made one of his best albums yet through the break up.


However this fucking idiot just makes my blood boil. I have quickly realised that I cannot stand her. What really pisses me off is her stupid line 'I’m really just being me and growing up' - No if you were just being YOU, why are you lookin' like a poor man's Dita? HUH?




No comments: