Friday 10 August 2007

The Weekly Cat Round Up.

I haven't been around much this week to post, mainly because I have had the crappiest of crappy week ever in crappy town.

Monday kicked off with a 4:40am rise to catch the red eye to London. So the night before was a broken sleep flitted with strange dreams of sleeping in & missing planes, all to sit in a 4 hour meeting ran by the bean counting accountants who doom mongered us all with the great news that we already knew. The summary being that we are way off income targets for 2007 and 2008 is just going to get tougher with bigger goals to hit and less money to spend.

So after being thoroughly depressed and not even a decent lunch provided, I chose to leave the office early and wheedled my spare 45 minutes in Duty Free buying some body crème to match my perfume. Thankfully the flight left on time and I arrived in Edinburgh after a short in-flight disco nap, feeling not too bad.
But my mood was not to be lifted long. Back home cat Numero Duex, appeared after a day of prowling in the sunshine to scoff down some of Whiskas' finest and then promptly cough it back up on my dining room carpet.

Not satisfied with horror of cat kibbles, chicken & peas mixed with belly juices that he had just manufactured, he then decided to move to the living room and repeat the exercise. His timing coincided perfectly as I was just about to sit down to my dinner.

So after scrubbing the cat sick out of the carpets and coupled with my early rise, I took to my bed with said cat, for us both to get some R&R away from the rest of the menagerie. This was not to be had as said cat was promptly sick again. Infact he was sick approximately 10 times throughout the night on an hourly basis , each time his hacking waking me and having me reaching for the Vanish Stain remover.

Tuesday kicked off bleary eyed rushing to work to send things home to work on & a vets appointment. Which on examination it seems he had caught some viral infection that meant he kept in & put on a drip. (now if any of you out here have pets, you will know that a cat overnight stay is about the same cost as B&B in a 3* hotel.. yes really)

So I spent Tuesday scrubbing carpets, worrying and not getting much of my growing work pile done. Tuesday night was another broken sleep, this time full of drowning kittens that I couldn't save.

Wednesday was back at work, 2 days of out the office to catch up on & thankfully good news that the cat could return home. he was now none the worse for his illness apart from a shaved paw and a empty belly. I on the other hand was £120 lighter in the wallet and 10 years on my age with stress, and facing the delightful prospect of having to try & wrestle a tablet down his throat twice a day for the next week.

Thursday morning I rose, slightly more optimistic, that the week could not get any worse to find I was one cat short in my gang of 3, the youngest, who is not allowed out yet, had decided he was old enough to outside & clambered out the athroom window & escape via the little hopper hatch in the night. After a heart stopping 20 seconds, I figured he probably hadn't gone too far & sure enough , he appeared sheepishly from around the side of the house.

So tonight will be spent flaked on the sofa catching up on my Jack Bauer prescription which I have missed thanks to my furry trio and trying to make sure there is no damage to themselves, property or my sanity.. .

No comments: