Friday 2 November 2007

Vampires, outfit doubts and everything else in between

Well, the boy & I spent Halloween listening to Meatloaf songs & mingled in with 400 vampire wannabes. The show was actually very good and I would recommend it to any Old School Rock fan out there. It s a loose story headed up by Steve Steinman, who if anyone can remember won stars in their Eyes a few years ago, as Meatloaf.

The only disconcerting thing was the amount of freask dressed up as vampires etc. I am yet to decide if it was for Halloween or a gathereing of people who like to do that kind of thing ( like Rocky Horror fans!) what is throwing doubt in my mind is that there was a guy (in the audience) who had a full on set of fangs. Not those joke things, I mean full on teeth-modified-by-dentist that had striking resemblence to the set of teeth sported by my cats. This got be thinking, What do these people do in the daytime?

Imagine if I rocked up to work one day with a full set a fangs? Would anyone say? Or would they just slowly distance themselves from the odd girl with big teeth?

Speaking off odd, today I am wearing highwaisted (think almost corset) trousers and a pale gold jumper tucked in, with patent brogue shoe boots. Not too extreme in my fashion ideals, but I received some gaping stares as I wandered to get my Starbucks skinny latte this morning. I can only assume that it is the trousers and not that my pants are on show.

I have a very busy day ahead (has no one heard on lunch breaks in this hell hole?) so I will gauge reactions in the 6 meetings I have between now & 5pm tonight.

No comments: