Friday 7 December 2007

I am holiday today..


..well it was my birthday yesterday.. I usually take my birthday off work, but work committments meant for the 1st time ever I was actually in. It turned out not to bad, my team were lovely and bought me a lovely pink (I know) cake with sparkles and coloured bits on it. I in return gave them lots of sweets and laughed at the sugar rushes that ensued.

So today, was meant to a long lie in, but I woke early with a sore head and I am now drinking my 1st coffee of the day, waiting on the Nuerofen to work while the Escape Artist clambers over me.


Much more excitingly though, later today I am booked for another tattoo.. this time on the opposite foot and it will be a row of stars. I am bit twitchy about the pain, but it will be over soon enough. I shall regal you with tales of blood and pictures later.

But, the most exciting thing EVER, is happening at 7:30pm tommorrow .. Yes tomorrow night I am off to see The God of Fuck himself (his naming not mine I might add).. I cannot wait.

This is my 1st time seeing Mr Manson in concert and I have a few concerns..

Firstly what to wear is causing me a bit of concern. I am not a goth by any standards and to see me in the street I am appear quite the vanilla normal. But I do have extreme music tastes. So tomorrow evening I am concerned that I might be the odd one out in a arena full of mini Mansons. Nor do I want to Goth it up as I will be in some pubs before hand that do not appreciate extreme outfits..

Secondly the concert.. His shows have a bit of a reputation in the past, from him being arrested (public indecency) , fans being arrested, demonstration by the godly types, massive police presence to the actual show itself with things pig's blood being thrown on the audience and the drummer being knocked unconscious... Know I think he has toned it down since his younger days and his acts and music are more mainstream, but the thought of any other above options happening is not ideal.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Miss Forthright said...

Don't stand near the stage and you should be ok. Hope you have a fabulous weekend my lovely xxx