Wednesday 12 December 2007

Wednesday Musings

Do you ever look at people and wonder Why did you do that to your hair? I am sitting on a call gazing at a girl who has brown shoulder length hair, but she has dyed her fringe red. Only her fringe. I think it meant to be like that cool girl Saffron from that band Republica a few years ago.. But it looks nothing like it. More home-knitted that cutting edge if you get my drift.

I also have a pregnant girl now sitting opposite me.. All she does is graze ALL day.. Crisps, jaffa cakes, hot chocolate... it is very hard not to eat crap when she is singly handily responsible for Tesco's junk food sales targets.

And finally, the most funniest thing I have heard in a while came from my mate.. It seems someone in her department has been tasked to gee up everyone up for xmas as they are so busy … what did she do? Bring in a tin of sweets? Arrange a fun quiz ? Or even put some tinsle up..

Nope, she referred to the David Brent 101 guide of Business management and set up some conf calls to discuss the spirit of christmas.. I love it.

3 comments:

SandDancer said...

I remember the hard older girls back in the 80s dying their fringes red - they were probably about 12 and weren't allowed to dye all their hair so this was a small act of rebellion.

Catslife said...

*nods* She is quite hard looking..

Miss Forthright said...

Ah yes Republica, I wonder what happened to them?! Sounds like you work with some right weirdos. The grazing pregnant lady is going to put on 400stone if she isn't careful.