Monday 1 September 2008

11 Days to go..

until the antichrist is meant to put in an appearance. I am now officially on maternity leave and living the life of a lady of leisure. I would like to say I am enjoying it but I feel oddly redundant and concerned that I am dropping behind.

This coupled with the waiting and people's phone calls/ texts/ emails asking if there are any twinges. And of course not really knowing what a twinge should feel like. I have a fear of going into labour and not knowing it is happening, or assuming it is just another pain of pregnancy, leaving it too late & ending up giving birth in the back of my car or something equally as embarrassing.

Funnily enough my Mum just laughs when I tell her this and gives me a knowing smile along with the lines of 'oh don't worry, you WILL know when you are in labour'. Great. Just great.

So I have been amusing myself with catching up with friends I haven't seen in ages, midiwife/ doc appointments and meeting my Mum for lunch. Today I am taking my gran wallpaper shopping, which I have an inkling might turn into another painful repeat of the wedding outfit buying from a few months back. But at least it keeps me from watching daytime TV.

No comments: