Friday 11 April 2008

Ms Catsllife & the Graduate.

I now have a young graduate sitting opposite me at work. For those that do not work in a large organisation that has Graduate Schemes, these are young keen types just out of university, who do various placements around the company, picking up crap tasks in departments that no-one else can be ar$ed with, all with the shiny promise that it builds experience and one day they will be great.

You can usually spot them a mile off and I am not sure what annoys me more - his young bright eyed keenness, his penchant for pink ties, maybe the fact he has to ask lots of questions to everything he is asked to do or the fact his aftershave smells like Mr Pledge and is giving me a headache.

However I have decided to turn this annoyance into an amusing sport, as I have discovered is that the stuffed pigeon that sits on my desk worries him. (You can't beat a bit of taxidermy to freak the Vanilla types).

So I am proceeding to convince Grad-Bot ( as I have decided to name the little droid) that I have a sideline in making house décor out of road kill.. My best selling item is resin sealed flattened rabbits as food place mats… I do bigger animals such as foxes as dining room tables or coffee tables.. He is sitting aghast and confused at the 'does not compute ' conflict of my blonde sunny type appearance coupled with the tales of stuffing & moulding flattened mammals for a living.

Later I shall do a wee bit research to the technical bits of taxidermy & that will be feature in future conversations with him..

No comments: