Thursday 19 February 2009

Back to Reality

Can you believe My Boy is 5 months already? 5 months! where did the time go? I won't drone on and on about baby-detail (cause I know it is boring to everyone apart from Mr Catslife and Granny- Catslife) but it is amazing how quick babies learn things. Things we take for granted and obviously all learned ourselves, but each week I see a little step forward in his coordination or communication abilities.

I have 4 months left until I return to work and my thoughts are returning to the real world. I work in the Banking Sector and unless you have been on planet Zog for the last 6 months, you may have noticed things aren't too hot there at the moment. This has got me thinking about what I want to do when I return to work. I know I do want to go back to work - don't get me wrong being a Mum is brilliant and Son of Catslife is the love of my life, but I do need adult company to keep me sane- but I don't think I want to go back to the work I did.

There are offers of redundancies floating around, there are other jobs out there, but do I take a risk? My mind is ticking overtime on what to do.

The other thing I have learned is that children pick up every cold and nasty going. We have all had a horrible stomach bug that originated in Mini-C and quickly spread round the whole family. After 2 days of vomiting and 3 days not eating, any remains of baby weight have now gone. unfortunately the pale gaunt look that I am sporting isn't as great and has me seriously considering some type of cosmetic filler treatment.

No comments: