Monday 24 September 2007

Cinderella Musings..

Given Thursday’s hissy fit, I gave the situation more thought and it made me think of a tale that my Mum told me when I was young..

That if you let your parrot/ budgie go outside, the other birds would attack it for being different as they wouldn’t understand it’s brightly coloured feathers. I am not sure if this would happen, but that is the thought that springs to mind in here. Is there a baser instinct that makes people want to drag the brighter ones down?

Anyway, less of this musings over the gimps in my office and onto important things.. like shoes..

I have a posh do in November, which is Mr C’s annual management do, where the wife’s and respective others have a day of pampering and preening while the men golf, all usually in the likes of Gleneagles Hotel. The outfits are formal with the majority of females opting for black of some sort ( I never wear it as rule because of that) and the men suited and booted, with some opting black tie.

This year, I intend to wear the FCUK purple jewelled tunic dress (the one Cat Deely and Mischa Barton wore in white).. I have an image in my head of leggy effortlessness, softly tousled hair with the jewels of the dress just lifting it enough to be formal. And maybe a jewelled clutch (didn’t Monsoon do a nice mirrored one?).

But I am in a quandary of footwear. I would like to wear super high platforms, (think Emilio Pucci not Jenny Jamieson) and I found these..



But are they too fashion? Too high? Too stripperish?


Or shall I opt for the more traditional 'night out' shoes… that will not be as high and leggy effectiveness but not so out there either and the majority of people will be wearing something similar..?
Thoughts please..

2 comments:

Miss Forthright said...

I love both pairs but I think the top ones might be a touch too high, and the platform heel might be misinterpreted as stripperish by those not in the know. The outfit sounds fabulous, by the way.

Catslife said...

thank you my lovely. X

I am thinking the 2nd pair as i probably will wear them again and like you say the other's won't get the mahooosive platform.