Thursday 20 September 2007

fashion haters

I don't feel much like blogging this week, I am slowly sinking into a depressive mood with the black clouds are slowly gathering. I don't think there has been any definate real reason or trigger, but suddenly everything just seems black, and my view on things are slightly skewed. As a result things and people at work are getting to me.


So in order to lift my mood, I decided to focus on updating my wardrobe for the change in season (don't you just love new seasons?) and today's esemble consists of a 3/4 sleeved black crepe shift dress with a frill bib front (very mia farrow) with purple opaques & shiny high heeled patent mary janes. A couple of chunky charm bracelets (one silver & one clear plastic) and I was pleased with my outfit. If you can't picture what I mean I took inspiration from this outfit worn by the delightful Ms Minogue.


However a previous rat-faced boss' attempt at humour over my outfit has spirelled me into indiginity. The halfwit had the cheek to as if I got dressed in the dark this morning.. Anyone else I wouldn't mind, but this coming from a man who attends work do's dressed in clothes only fit for gardening.. I am sure you can imagine the scathing reply that he was sent back under his rock with.


Now without turning this into a full blwn rant (cause the idiot does'nt warrant my full rage) Don't you just HATE people who make comments like that? Ok, I accept that clothes are not the be all & end all for everyone, but it is ALWAYS the people who do not get fashion at all but feel the need to go out their way to put others down with their nasty little comments that makes my blood boil.

That and managing to throw tomato soup about my own & a colleagues desk this afternoon. (and my dress!) means my mood is now borderline psychotic.

On a cheerier topic (for me) I finished Marco Pierre White's autobiography, and now Hell's Kitchen has ended, I am having withdrawal symptoms from him. And even though he wears that flippin head band and minging hair.. Comments like this just make me love him more.

1 comment:

Catslife said...

I haven't a clue, but I don’t feel the need to point out that his tightly laced prison issue white diadora trainers, coupled with tapered leg ‘dad’ jeans makes him look like 35 going on 55.